Welcome to Kovanda's Czech Band Home Page!
We are a traditional Czech Brass Band featuring Euphoniums and an Eb Clarinet! And, of course, trumpets, Bb Clarinets, trombone, percussion and tuba. We are happy to present for your enjoyment the Old World tradition of the large Czech Brass Band.
Read a brief history of our band, or view or download our group photo. Read a delightful Houston Press article about us and our friends at Treemont Retirement Community, written by Jesse Sendejas, Jr.
You can obtain recordings of our band and see listings of the song titles for each recording. We have a schedule of upcoming appearances. And for history buffs, our performance schedules from previous years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
We also have a few links to other Czech and Polka music related web sites. In memoriam, remembering Robert Ermis.
Kovanda's Czech Band is presented by Friends of Old World Music, a Texas non-profit designated in the USA as eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. Contributions go to operating expenses; we are volunteers who love continuing the Czech Dechovka style.If you would like more information about our band, if you would like us to appear at your festival, or if you would like to make a gift to help support authentic Czech music, please contact us:
George or Kathryn Jolly
P. O. Box 271688
Houston, Texas 77277-1688
Telephone: (713) 728-3750
335 Hill Street
Sealy, Texas 77474
Telephone: (979) 885-7144
- September 4, 2022 (Sunday)
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church Fall Picnic
- Knights of Columbus Hall, Hallettsville, Texas
- Map to Knights of Columbus Hall
- We play 11AM-1PM.
- September 10, 2022 (Second Saturday)
- Annual Czech Heritage Festival, Louisiana Czech Heritage Association
- Libuse, Louisiana
- We play 11AM.
- September 25, 2022 (Sunday)
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Bazaar
- Location: the Sealy KC Hall
- 1310 Highway 90 West, Sealy, Texas 77474
- We play inside 10:00am-12:00pm and outside 1:00pm-3:00pm